Friday, February 3, 2006

In the Mood

[Derek's in luck, this one actually interests me. :-P]

=====================

Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so.

1) corndog
2) Jeni
3) Anastasia
4) Haligweorc
5) King Alfred

Next select five people to tag

1) Mikaela
2) polyglot conspiracy
3) sauvage noble
4) Unlocked Wordhoard
5) Shrine of the Holy Whapping


What were you doing 10 years ago?

January 1996: Starting second semester of sophomore year of college. Had a big blizzard that year: 4 feet of snow. Tons of classmates' flights didn't make it in time for start of classes. Then again, classes didn't start on time anyway, so it was OK. Taught a classmate from Hawaii how to make a snowball. Anyway, classes included Philosophy of Human Nature, Intro to New Testament, American Gov't II, some medieval English class (I remember reading Macbeth [again], Troilus & Criseyde, Donne, some passion play, some other stuff), and two other classes completely slipping my mind right now.


What were you doing 1 year ago?

January 2005: Course Development Director for an online university. Great job. Terrible workplace.


Five snacks you enjoy:

A. Cheese Nips (not Cheese-Its). I've often said that if limbo of the just existed and I went there, destined for fulfillment of all natural desires, but nothing more, I would be eating Cheese Nips (among, you know, doing other things, I imagine).
B. extra-sharp cheddar on triscuts (same as Derek)
C. M&Ms
D. shrimp cocktail (My family's recipe for cocktail sauce: add lots of horseradish, and look at a bottle of ketchup.)
E. Ben & Jerry's Coffee Heath Bar Crunch (I know it's not really a snack, but it's my favorite flavor of ice cream.)


Five songs you know all the words to:

A. Pretty much anything by They Might Be Giants
B. Pretty much anything by Billy Joel
C. Hammer of the Gods - Led Zeppelin
D. The Distance - Cake
E. Tango to Evora - Loreena McKennitt ;-)
(F. many others)


Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:

A. Pay off debts
B. Help friends and family pay off debts
C. Save
D. Donate
E. Buy a hell of a lot of books, and beautiful bookcases worthy of their content


Five bad habits:

A. Not blogging for large spaces at a time
B. (See question about snacks)
C-Z. Vices that are between me, God, and my confessor.


Five things you enjoy doing:

A. learning/reading dead languages
B. hangin' wit' ze buddies (and other friends)
C. vegging out and watching Deep Space Nine (or Firefly or some other scifi show)
D. travelling
E. teaching


Five things you would never wear again:

A. Most of my Halloween costumes growing up
B. The particular combination of red and green I wore for about 30 seconds in college until then-roomate gaetanus looked at me and said, "That says, in big, bold letters, 'Santa's Elf'".
C. A red shirt I once had so long I hadn't noticed it had turned rather pink.
D. Unfortunately, many things I probably will wear again but shouldn't. I know of five colors. I don't know what clashes.


Five favorite toys:

A. books
B. digital camera
C. digital voice recorder (I get most of my ideas when I'm driving)
D. keyboard (musical kind), just for playing around
E. can't think of more at the moment
=====================

1 comment:

Derek the Ænglican said...

Cake almost made it onto my song list...

As far as the colors thing goes, I only know four and since three are degrees of monochrome it means I'm pretty much safe... ;-)